- If you will be staying overnight, make your reservations early. Some room types do sell out. Click here for accommodations at the Samoset Resort.
- Plan ahead for meals. Rooms at the Samoset have refridgerators. Check the General Information section for more meal options.
- Make plans for your children. Children are welcomed as paid registrants to the Convention. We have planned a number workshops of interest to children and families. Parents must be in
attendance with their child(ren) during all workshops and general sessions. In case of an emergency at home, a message can be left for you at the Samoset (800)341-1650.
- Save money by sending in your registration form before the pre-registration cut off date.
- Invite your Pastor, family and others who are interested in attending the convention. Bring along grandparents or others who provide support for you during the year.
- CAREFULLY READ ALL CONVENTION INFORMATION, ESPECIALLY THE PROGRAM that you will receive at the convention, so that you do not miss out on important information.
- Many vendors will have materials and resources on site for purchase, so PLAN AHEAD if you are thinking of purchasing.
- Bring a large, sturdy tote bag for your purchases.
- If you are bringing your younger children, make plans for their naptime, fussiness during a workshop session, etc., so that you can still attend and enjoy the sessions of your choice. Also,
make tentative plans for teens for when they will not be participating in workshops, etc. (ALL children are the parents responsibility at all times during the Convention.)
- Review your children’s learning styles, current interests and abilities, and review your records to know what types of materials have and have not worked for them.
- Look over the WORKSHOP SCHEDULE and select the workshops you plan to attend. Divide to conquer: plan ahead with your spouse and/or friends which sessions to attend.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring paper and several pens for taking notes.
- ABOVE ALL: PRAY for God’s wisdom and direction for you and your family, and for the HOME Board as the Convention time draws near!