Families choose homeschooling for so many reasons today, and sometimes it's all very unexpected! Where to begin? Print the Quickstart Guide and listen to the videos below.
Be sure to follow these 10 steps once you are ready to dig deeper. Then reach out with your questions!
* Not homeschooling? Maybe your kids are at home temporarily due to a school closure, illness or other situation. Welcome! Your temporary “homeschool” status may have left you reeling, but HOME is here for you during this time!
1. Unless you have decided to homeschool, your children are still enrolled in public school, so you do not need to file a notice of intent or otherwise comply with Maine's homeschool law.
2. Enjoy this unexpected gift of time with your children—you'll experience some of the amazing benefits of a homeschooling lifestyle!
3. Join our Facebook group for ongoing support and information.
4. Print the Quickstart Guide below for more helpful information to keep you going strong!
5. Relax and focus on the basics, OR take some time to dig deeper in an area of interest!
6. Explore the world of resources and opportunities available online.
Before beginning the video series, consider downloading and printing the outline below for note-taking!
In addition, you can download HOME's Beginner's Handbook for more helpful information.