In this short video featuring Jeremiah Lorrig, Deputy Director of Generation Joshua, you'll learn three easy steps for meeting with your legislators!
The most effective lobbyists on any issue are often a legislator’s own constituents!
Homeschool moms, dads and kids can make all the difference when it comes to maintaining homeschool freedom. Please make it a point to visit your legislator and let
him/her know how you feel about homeschooling!
Here are some important things to remember and do during any legislative session:
- Attend legislative hearings regarding homeschool legislation. Be sure to let your legislator know that you are there.
- If you have come to the state house as a family for a hearing, remember that this may be the only time that legislators see whole families present there. Take advantage of this to create a
warm and positive feeling.
- If you cannot attend a legislative hearing, send a post card from your area.
- Remember that your legislators are looking for help from you! They are looking for ways to make you happy!
- Encourage your teens to join TeenPact – Some legislators call TeenPact volunteers, the homeschoolers’ “secret
- Invite legislators to support group functions…science fairs, recitals, art exhibits, etc. Plan a dinner in their honor.
- Remember that legislators are the least busy in January.
- Pray for your legislators!