And HOME is here to assist you from start to finish!
It's never too early. Planning ahead during the elementary years helps to create a smooth transition into the high school years. Here are some important steps to take to learn more:
Planning Sessions and Workshops
Those looking ahead to the high school years, as well as those nearing the finish line, often have new questions and concerns.
Planning sessions are available throughout the year to all those seeking guidance in homeschooling high schoolers, preparing transcripts, etc.
Preparing for High School and Post High School Resource Links to Review
- Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Curriculum resource lists and links
- Record keeping and transcript resources
- Testing resources
- College admissions information
- And much more...
Maine's Early College Programs give students a jumpstart on college, dual credits and classroom experience!
During the high school years, homeschoolers have access to free or low-cost college courses through the University of Maine System. There are five requirements:
1. The student’s educational program must meet Maine’s legal requirements for home instruction.
2. The college must have space in the classroom for the student.
3. The student must have completed all course prerequisites.
4. The student must submit such evidence of academic fitness as the college may request.
5. The student must receive the college’s approval of the student’s academic fitness.
For more information on Maine's Early College Programs, visit Early College Programs.
Below is an additional list of resources for high school students considering college:
PSAT - ME - 992099, NH - 993099, MA - 992299
SAT - all states use 970 000
Classic Learning Test - This is an excellent alternative to the SAT, and is becoming a popular choice among homeschoolers.
Are you looking for a gap year, dual credit, or a full college experience? Ascend can accommodate you!
Ascend by Unbound is an intense college experience designed to catalyze, enable, and energize Christian homeschoolers. Ascend students don’t just get access to an air-tight academic plan to earn a bachelor’s degree, they become leaders and innovators with a world-class community that has their back.
Whether your student is in the program for one year or four, your student will get leadership opportunities, Christian community, registration and travel to live events, and rock-solid academics. Plans are flexible from 9-30 college credits per year.
HOME families get $150 off enrollment! Apply or schedule an appointment today!
Good Record keeping is important for your child's future, so be sure to consider the following:
When you've finished the course, be sure to mark the occasion!